Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cha...cha...cha...Changes!

Bloomsbury has decided to make a few last minute changes to my debut novel. They will be changing the title from Avery McShane and the Silver Spurs to simply Avery McShane. I'm fine with it. The book is the first of a series, so it makes sense. The other change is that they are having their illustrators come up with a new cover. Their marketing team tested the waters and decided that the original cover art was 'too young'. I totally agree with them. I've already seen the drafts of the new cover and I really like where they're going with it. The sense of danger, mystery and adventure will come across better than before.

This all means that the release date has been pushed back a few months to March 1st. I think the changes will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment