Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My First Uncorrected Proof

Snail mail delivered something I was not expecting, but am very happy to have received - an honest-to-goodness paperback novel with my name on it. It is the uncorrected proof. It's a real book. I can pick it up and feel it. It does not have the same cover art it will in the final version. Instead, it has some of the elements of the future cover, like Avery McShane on his bike and jungle foliage. On the back it has some text I had not seen before. It gives me an idea where the publishers want to go with the marketing of the book:


 - An action-packed, funny and fast-paced adventure story from an exciting new author

 - A remarkable insight into jungle life that will have readers on the edge of their seats

 - This brilliant blend of adventure and mystery will appeal to fans of Time Riders, Artemis Fowl and Percy Jackson


Aww, shucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment